Friday, September 19, 2014

The World Food Fest

We went to the World Food and Music Festival in downtown Des Moines, Iowa. There is lots of food from different countries. We got a lot of food there. We are going to talk about the foods we got and how they tasted.

Here, this is my brother Bo talking about his food:

"I ate the alligator bite. It was on a stick in a box with frog legs. I didn't eat any of those. The alligator tasted good and chewy, like meat and it had a crust around it.

I ate pizza. It was pepperoni with cheese and a hard crust. It tasted like cheese and pepperoni. Then I ate some Hawaiian chicken on a stick. It was sweet and good with a little chewy inside. Then I had two marshmallows on a stick. They burned them first. When I touched them with my tongue first, it was hot. Then it got sticky. And that is done."

OK, back to me. I ate alligator bites -- it was a little sour and fishy. It's breaded and fried. It was from a stand called Fat Tuesdays -- the food is from New Orleans. I also ate three frog legs from there. They tasted very much like fish. I really liked them. They were moist and breaded. The bone was very thin, the size of a small chicken bone.

After the frog legs I had some of my mom's food from Ecuador. It was a potato tortilla. My mom said it was the best food she ever had. Next, we went to the Hawaiian stand for Hawaiian chicken with terriyaki sauce and rice. The rice was plain and the chicken was tangy, so was the terriyaki sauce. I ate most of it until it got too sweet and then I traded with my dad. He had some Korean food -- a spicy pork bowl. It was pretty spicy. They had a red sauce in it. It had lots of vegetables and it was pretty meaty.

After that we were about to leave so we had some marshmallows. My sister got strawberry, my brother got raspberry and I got kahlua -- it's a type of alcohol. The marshmallows were on a stick. They roasted them over a little fire. They were burning hot. They were sweet. The marshmallows are from Beaverdale Confections from Iowa.

It was very crowded at the festival. It was on the bridges. 

This is me using an ear swab and that is the gunk out of my ear! Just kidding, that's my alcoholmallows!

We're eating our marshmallow. 

They are toasting the marshmallows. 

That is me eating my spicy Korean pork with rice. 

This is me eating my Hawaiian grill chicken. 

That's the thing that I just said in the thing above. 

That is not mine. It was my mom's. It was a taco that I wanted to get but I didn't.

That is Bo eating his Hawaiian chicken on a stick. 

That is the potato tortilla from Ecuador that my mom said was the best thing in the world. 

That is Bo eating his pizza from the Ecuador stand. 

I'm having a serious look. I'm a professor. Professor of Food.

That is my yummy frog legs that I will not share with anybody. Not even if they asked and gave me $100. 

Those are flags from around the world. My favorite flag: I don't know. I'd have to look at them later. 

1 comment:

  1. Great job Mazy and Bo! You are very funny. I hope you write more. I love it!
    Love
    Theron

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.