Thursday, August 15, 2013

Corn Dog Hair, Corn Dog Yummy Feast!*

(*This title was written by 5-year-old Bo, Mazy's younger brother.)

On Tuesday we went to the Iowa State Fair. And Bo went to. And so did my dad. And my mom. The fair has a lot of foods that I like. But the only thing they don't have that I do like is sushi. That would have been good.

If kids go to the fair they should do the goofy picture things that me and Bo were doing. And they should try foods! They should go to the Agriculture Building because it's fun! There's a trivia game about planting seeds.

Instead of telling you about the fair, I'll show you some of our pictures. Me and Bo will talk about them:

Mazy: This is me and Bo pretending that we're farmers.

Mazy: This is me eating something called a Breakfast Burrito. This is the first thing we ate at the fair. It tasted good but then I found out that I might be allergic to eggs. So that wasn't very pleasant. 

Bo: The tater tots were really good but they were too much so I couldn't eat all of them. I let my brother Mazy eat some too, but he didn't want to eat all of them either. So I just threw them in the garbage.

Mazy: In this picture, me and Bo are building a whole bunch of Lego farm stuff because we knew it would make our mom happy because it's agriculture. Oh yeah!
Bo: Me and my dad builded a tractor and I built a little bit and my dad built most of it, and then I was asking to help my brother and he said yes. And then I was happy and then we picked up and leaved."

Mazy: Well this is our final. Hope you like it because we worked hard. If you don't like it, my mom's going to tell your boss to fire you! Just kidding!

Mazy: Cotton candy is weird! 

Bo: I got some cotton candy. And my brother wanted some so I gave him some. I ate some cotton candy and then I looked like a billy goat! And then I ate some more cotton candy and then my hands were all sticky! The end.

Mazy: I'm about to fall off a train so yeah, pretty gruesome. You shouldn't look at the next picture. 

Bo: I drinked too much honey lemonade and it made my tummy hurt, but it tasted bo-licious!
Mazy: I tried the honey lemonade at the Ag Building. It tasted like sweet and the lemon was sour. It tasted a little bit "swour". 

Mazy: Beef jerky market! I got the spicy jalapeƱo. It tasted spicy and awesome. It was spicy and it was like meat, sort of like a thick, richness kind of flavor. You can buy this at the Ag Building. 

Mazy: In this picture I'm eating a super duper spicy beef jerky piece. Actually it's not VERY spicy, it's a tiny, well, it's medium spicy. 

Mazy: I'm eating a green apple. I got this at the Ag Building also. It's an early Iowa grown apple whatever that means. But it sounds cool. It tasted sour and like a little bit sweet. Good. It's another example of "swour".

Mazy: This picture is the gardens by the Ag Building. They have tunnels that you can run around in and hide. 
Bo: And play Army! And then play attack the monster!

Mazy: In this one I'm drinking an apple cider slushee. Before I tell you about the slushee, I'm going to tell you that just right now I finished eating another beef stick from the fair. I forgot it was still in our bag from Tuesday. So we just ate it. The slushee tasted like a hint of spiciness as cider goes. But not very spicy. It tasted sweet and cold. Very good!
Bo: I drinked some of my mom's apple slushee. I drinked too much of it and I had to go to the bathroom and then I had to give it back to my mom and then we moved somewhere else. Then I watched my brother play a game. 

Bo: When we ate watermelon it taste good, even they got us a lot! And then we ate all of it and then there were still seeds in there and then we dranked the juice and then we ordered food and then my mom ate a shish kebab.
Mazy: Here I'm eating watermelon, people. It's by the Giant Slide and by the Snakes Alive. 
Bo: And tell them that I like the Big Slide!
Mazy: Bo's just being funny. 

Mazy: In this picture I'm eating a FOOTlong corn dog. I took a bite of it and it was broiling! And I ate it all. But I dropped it on the ground once by accident. 
Bo: And I dropped mine on the ground too when I got a corn dog when my brother was on the ski lift. 
Bo: Oh! I didn't even know that! I had ketchup on my head! And then I didn't know that. I just dunked my head into my cousin's corn dog and then we wiped it off my head and then that was really funny. Heehee!
Mazy: I'm tying to hold myself together right now but I can't. Hahahah! 

This is part 1 of 2 State Fair Chronicles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.