Sunday, August 4, 2013

Long Night in Iowa

On Saturday I went to the corn feed. The corn feed is when my dad's family has a big supper party thing. They serve a lot of American foods, sometimes interesting, sometimes plain. There are a lot of varieties of food.

It's called the corn feed because there's corn at it. They cook the corn in a big pot in the driveway and the ring bologna gets cooked with the corn too. There were over 100 people there and a lot of relatives and friends were invited.

Now let's get on to the foods!

The first food I got was some sesame meatballs made by somebody. The meatballs were OK. They were sort of good but they were a little bit mushy. And next was moussaka -- it was my mom's delicious dish. It's a mystery food -- I don't want to tell you. You have to comment on this post before I tell you.

Next I got my grandma's chicken and noodles, and it tasted really good, as always. The noodles were handmade. The chicken was good tasting, too. Then I ate my uncle Brian's smoked jalapeños with cheese and bacon on it. The jalapeño was a tiny bit spicy and the cheese was cream cheese, and that was good. And then they had some bacon on the top and that made it WAYYYY better.

Then I ate my Aunt Sandy and Aunt Denise's egg roll with sweet chili sauce, which went well with the crunchy, meatiness and vegetableness of the egg roll, and the spicy mustard sauce was good tasting too. They made the egg rolls and didn't buy them at a Chinese restaurant. I tried their crab rangoon, too, and it tasted really good to me.

I was at a corn feed but I didn't eat the corn. I guess I forgot about it.

After I got my foods, I went to the dessert table to get my desserts. I got chocolate-covered strawberries made by my Aunt Leslie. The flavors were sort of like sweet and creamy for the chocolate and then the juicy sweet of the strawberries. They tasted good together.

Then for the rest of the night I was horsing around, playing games and that was my epic corn feed. Come back and see my next review whenever you want. But you have to like this review or else I'm going to go juvenile!

This is getting all the food arranged.

This is cooking the corn and ring bologna.

This is Uncle Brian with his jalapeños coming out of the smoker.

This is me getting my food. 

This is me getting my food again and being a doofus. 

This is me eating. 

Me eating again. My mom took too many pictures, by the way.

This is my weird little baby sister. 

This is her running around in a NEW outfit. My mom always changes her outfit. I don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.