Thursday, June 6, 2013

Mini Review 1 of 3: Sushi in Minneapolis

Sunday I woke up in the morning and I went outside to ride my bike. In case you didn’t know, during my first bike practice on Friday I figured out how to ride a bike. So I was outside riding it and I remembered that I got to go to Minneapolis that day. So I rode my bike for a while and went inside. At 11:50, my brother’s football team was supposed to have pictures in 30 minutes and we had to go all the way to Ankeny so we just decided to skip football that day and go to Minneapolis early.

So my grandma got here and we left. We read books and talked and played for 4 hours. We sang the “Bottles of Beer” song and it was pretty fun on the way up.

When we got to Minneapolis, we checked into a hotel and got all of our stuff ready. And then we went to a restaurant, Ichiban, a Japanese restaurant and they have floating boats of sushi. I think that was pretty, well not pretty, but an AWESOME thing to have in a restaurant. Since sushi is my favorite food, I started taking platters of sushi as soon as I sat down. I got miso soup. The first sushi piece I ate was a bunch of rice with seaweed and then a strip of fish on the top. I got a lot of those kinds of sushi. It was a pretty fun restaurant.
There was a chef in the middle of the sushi bar. We sat in seats with the sushi boats floating around in front of us. I ate 20 pieces! It doesn’t sound like a lot, but it was. Each piece was on its own plate.
I liked the restaurant because it was cool. They had waterfalls inside and all the sushi you could eat and the sushi was floating around on boats so it was pretty much the most awesome restaurant ever.
For dessert, I got a little tin bowl of green tea ice cream. It didn’t really taste like green tea because it was really sweet. And then I went over to the wishing well and I wished 11 wishes and about 5 of those were for a new house. And after that, we left and went back to the hotel and went swimming. Then we checked out the gym, and then we watched Karate Kid.

This is one of three blog posts because I had three days in Minneapolis and I went to three restaurants for supper. I will be having more reviews soon. And hopefully I will get a bunch of views, like way more than my mom on her blog.

And I am surprised that my word “humongo-badungo” is now used a lot at Integer. There, I made your work famous, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.