Sunday, June 30, 2013

Minneapolis 3 of 3: Grand Finale

I'm finishing my Minneapolis reviews. Next I will do normal reviews. Coming up next will be my first and a half year anniversary special edition review. It is a surprise!

Tuesday in Minneapolis
We woke up and then my mom went to her work thing. And then me and Bo watched cartoons for two or three hours. Then we went to the gym and played basketball. Soon my mom was on her lunch break. And then we went to the hotel's restaurant, Prairie Kitchen and Bar. We had to wait 40 minutes for our food to come.

There was not a lot on the menu but they had good choices. I picked spaghetti. The spaghetti had turkey for the meatballs and the noodles were whole wheat. I wanted fruit for a side. When it came out, there was a lid over the plate. And I was like, "What's it going to look like! What's it going to look like!" And then I saw it and then I ate it really fast. And it tasted yummy. I did not taste anything different about the taste, it was like normal spaghetti. We do not usually get fruit platters that are very good when we order off the kid menu sides. This one was a BIG side and it had a lot of fruits.

My brother, Bo, ordered a shish kebab with apples and cheese. He ate it, surprisingly. Well not all of it but most of it. the shish kebab idea was strange -- it was different. I thought it was a good idea because kids like cheese and they may not like fruits and vegetables, so that attracts kids to eat the shish kebab.




Park Time
See who that is swinging across the dangerous mountain rope? Who is it? Oh yeah, that's me! I can't believe I could hold on to that so long with one hand. I think I have a good upper body strength with one arm. Bo was pretty impressed. I'm not surprised.
 In this picture, I am in Loring Park in downtown Minneapolis. Do you think it's dangerous swinging across? But that's for daredevils. I am a daredevil so that's why I did it.

 In this picture I'm about to throw a football. Do you see this dandelion in the background? Well it is a fountain and I think it's kind of cool because it matches what I am standing in.

 This is a picture of me and Bo climbing up a tree. Kids may like this park and they may not because there are some playgrounds but it is more like a nature park. I liked it because it had these trees you could climb in. Do you guys know what LK&B means?

It means Loring Kitchen and Bar. It is about 50 feet from the park. We picked it because we really didn't want to walk very far so we just gave it a try.

 When we got inside it, like just when we stepped under the awning, it started pouring. So we're pretty lucky that we got in. You know what the orange stuff is on the plate? It's about five hot wings that I ate in about a minute! It actually wasn't very spicy to me. We also got a cheese flight -- it's a cheese platter. It has stinky cheese mostly. I liked them. Well some of them. Some of it I hated, but some of it I liked, especially the aged gouda cheese. It was crunchy and it tastes sort of like an artichoke and a brussel sprout.

 This picture is one of the pizzas we ordered -- it was a vegetable pizza. They had artichokes and other vegetables. I wanted an anchovy and sausage pizza. I like sausage pizza and I wanted to try what an anchovy is like. I know what an anchovy tastes like -- meaty and really salty. I wanted to try anchovies because of an episode of a show called Futurama where all the anchovies in the world were aten by a kind of crab creature and there was on bag left of them and this guy battled for it. So I wanted to try what anchovies taste like. I liked them but I like sardines better. I want to have more sardines soon because you can eat the bones of them. And the bones taste good for some reason.


 In this picture I am eating my pizza of anchovies and sausage.


And in this picture I'm eating ice cream. I requested a raspberry and vanilla ice cream. It tasted good. While I was eating, I looked out the window and saw police searching the fountain where we'd just been and they picked up some sort of material, it looked like. Maybe a gun or something. And I was wondering if it was a murder situation or something. Then I saw police talking to a person who was sitting on a bench and then they put him in a police car so I think that something was up for sure.

Well that's the end of my Minneapolis reviews. I hoped you liked it because I've been working on this for quite awhile. Next up, my one-and-a-half-year anniversary and this one is a very special one. You'll hear about it in other places, too. Maybe even the newspaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.