Sunday, May 13, 2012

Get Some Fresh Air

Yesterday at my grandparents' farm I played outside ALLLLL day with my cousins. I played jungle games and fort games and lots of other games, like golf. The areas I like to play at on the farm are by the hay bales and the cows, and up by the little pond.

We were celebrating Mother's Day and also celebrating my Grandpa's birthday. He was turning 59. So for supper we always have a southern fish fry every year. Uncle Troy and Uncle Steve fry the fish outside -- this year it was tilapia fillets.

I was sitting at a small table with my cousins. They put us in the den. They do that because they don't want us to bother the adults all the time. 


 The fish was crispy on the outside and tasted really fishy on the inside. I liked the fried fish. I've always been a big fan of fried fish. 

 Then I had hush puppies. You've heard me talk about those before. You know what they taste like -- crispy on the outside and tastes like bread on the inside. I really like hush puppies. I'm a big fan of them.

 Mmm, this was good. This salad had cheese, broccoli, raisins, green onions and bacon. I only got one piece of bacon on my plate. What I liked best about it was the cheese. I ate the broccoli too. My Aunt Sherie made this.

 Mmm, this was good, too. This coleslaw came with ramen noodles, sunflower seeds and green onions. All those mixed flavors together were really good. I'm a big fan of green onions so I really liked that. And the sunflower seeds were crispy, and the noodles were good, too. Aunt Sherie made this one, too.

 The macaroni and cheese was really good. It was macaroni but with lots of cheese. Really good. And then they put it on the plate and added even more cheese, which tasted really good. I didn't get any bacon in mine, but some people did. I wish I had bacon in mine. My Aunt Jean made the macaroni and cheese.

 This had shrimp and I don't even know what the other stuff was. It tasted good. It was shrimp dipped in something. I only got one piece of shrimp, againnnnnn.... My mom says this is called Shrimp and Grits. Grandma Katy made it using my Aunt Cindy's recipe. My Aunt Cindy lives in Mississippi. (It's a good thing I remembered!) Grits are strange. They tasted pretty good.

This was a cake for Grandpa Kevin. I didn't have any of it. I had some chocolate cake that is covered with chocolate icing. It was really good. It just tasted like chocolate alone. My Great Grandma Maxine made the chocolate cake. She's really famous for that -- the whole family knows about it. I also had some brownies with a big pretzel in them. It was good, the chocolate mixed up with the pretzel made a big crunch when I ate it. My mom made those. They were delicious! They were!

Food rating: Thumbs Up!!
Make sure you get your mother or any woman that you know that's nice to you a good present. Mother's Day is today. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.