Friday, May 25, 2012

Goldfish King

On Wednesday we went to The King and I. It is a Thai restaurant. When we went in, we were the only people there. And we could pick any seat we wanted so we picked a seat. And Grandma Katy was there, too.

Then we all sat down and ordered sushi. We got a California Roll and Salmon Skin Roll. The California Roll was really good. It had fish eggs on top and inside was crab, avocado and cucumber. And of course it had seaweed and rice. It was the best California Roll I've had. I tried the Salmon Skin next. It was really good, but the skin was kind of odd, smoky tasting. And it was very hard to chew. So you had to chew it for at least five or 10 minutes. Chewing, chewing, chewing, chewing, CHEWING! It looked like normal sushi -- rice and seaweed, and instead of vegetable inside it had salmon skin in the middle. It was some of the oddest sushi I've ever tasted. But anyways it was good.


 When we were waiting for our real food, not the appetizers, there was a fish tank full of goldfish so we went to look at it for a long time. After awhile, a lot of customers started coming.

This is a picture of my baby sister. She seems amazed like that all the time.
 This is a picture of the sushi I had. The top is the Salmon Skin Roll and the bottom is the California Roll

 When I was eating the sushi, it looks like I was wanting some more and I was. I was asking for more and more and MORE!





 (above photo) This is what my dish looked like. It was called Pad See Ew -- it is a noodle dish with broccoli, tofu, carrots, eggs and noodles that are pretty big and flat. They taste great though. I never had this before that's why I got it. And anyways I like to eat things that sound strange. But the strangest things are the best things!
I ate half of mine because, you know, it was BIG! The leftovers we put in a box and I ate most of it at home the next night. It warmed up well and tasted great as a leftover. I will go to The King and I whenever I have the chance. But it's up to my mom and dad. I think everyone in our family liked the restaurant.

Restaurant Rating: Thumbs Up!
The reason I put a thumbs up on this is because I've been here many times and this is one of the greatest dishes I've had. You should go to The King and I in West Des Moines and try whatever dish you think sounds good. And remember you should tell your friends and all the people that you like how it tasted and maybe even make a blog about fun foods. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.