Saturday, May 5, 2012

One Day in May


May 5, 2012

Today I went to the Farmers Market. It's a big place where you go and pick out foods and other things. Well, when we first went there we were looking for a parking space. We looked everywhere, but it was all occupied almost everywhere. So we went to a parking garage, we had to go up to floor number four and then go down all the stairs. Then we finally got to the spot where we wanted to be.


First I saw egg rolls. I thought it was awesome so I went over with my grandma and I got two egg rolls (one for me) and two crab rangoons (one for me). I ate the crab rangoon because it wasn't hot, the egg roll had just been baked and was really hot and I didn't want to burn my tongue.

The crab rangoon has mushed up crabs inside. It didn't taste like crabs at all to me. It tasted like cream cheese and crab. It was crispy and crunchy on the outside. There was an unusual meat inside the egg rolls, it tasted like no other meat. I'm not sure what it was because I didn't get a closer look. They were great. The outside was crispy and crunchy, too. There was meat and vegetables inside and the crispiness and crunchiness and everything mixed together was good.

My younger brother said he didn't want anything to eat. Then I said, "Hey look! There's mini doughnuts!" And then he started acting all crazy like a monkey. He did that because he really loves doughnuts and we got them the last time we were there. Then we saw a refreshment stand and he got apple juice and I got orange juice. I love orange juice.

The doughnuts tasted crispy and sweet and more crispier and sweeter inside. They were really small doughnuts, about the size of the tip of your thumb.

I also saw this stand and it had wheat grass juice. I was like, "Oh gosh. I better get that. But I'm not sure it's going to taste good." So I tasted it.

 I wanted to spit it back into the cup because it tasted like grass itself except it was all mushed up. I have to admit it tasted pretty good too. Well, it was pretty sour so I like sour drinks so that's why I liked it. They gave me an orange to eat after it. Then it tasted a little sweeter. I think I'll get it again. Maybe. But maybe even a smaller sample. We also saw people drinking whole cups of it!

Then we went to an Indian stand. It was called Saloo's India. I got a samosa -- it's a crispy breading and meat and vegetables inside. It tasted really good. I really liked it because of those ingredients mixed together. The lady fries the food on a frying pan and turns them over. When they come out they taste great.

We went to a brick wall next. We sat on it and ate our things. Bo was adventurous enough to try a bite of my samosa.

Then we went to a tart place. We got some fruit on a stick -- they tasted good. I got pineapple and strawberry because that was the only choice I had. I didn't really like eating on a stick -- it poked my lips and hurts a little.

 Bo ate his like a corn on a cob.

Then Keesia went over to the breakfast pizza stand, Something Italian. There was like 20 people there so she had to wait a long time. So me and Bo jumped over puddles. Bo fell in them a little bit. I like going to the pizza place because it's our tradition to go there. Almost all the time we get to go to it and we really like to have their breakfast pizza. It's so good because it has bacon on it, and French bacon ("Is that right?") Oh no, CANADIAN bacon and cheese. And that's all.

Market Review: Thumbs Up!!!!!!!
You should go to the farmers market in Des Moines, Iowa, not far from the Capitol. It's open every Saturday from 7 a.m. to noon. You could shop for vegetables, fruits, but you shouldn't because they don't have fruits right now. You could go to the breakfast pizza stand, but you have to wait awhile! Next time I will try more adventurous foods at the farmers market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.