Monday, July 23, 2012

From the Archives: Billy Is a Buzzard


Originally published: March 29, 2012

After school, Bo, I and Keesia went to a big bridge that is kind of shaped in a loop. It was kind of creepy if you looked down because you were like 25 feet up above the Des Moines River.




Then after that we got into the van and drove off to Buzzard  Billy's, we thought it wasn't packed, but it was packed a whole bunch and there weren't any parking spaces. And then a car moved out but another car took that space and we had to drive in circles and circles around Buzzard Billy's. When one woman finally moved out, we got the chance to get in. And the door was very, very far away from our parking spot. But I was still happy. Until I went inside and we had to wait. But I played on Shawn's phone and Grandma Katy was there, too. We waited for an hour and I spent most of my time on the phone.

And when we were about to just leave, BUZZZZZZ!!! Our table detector buzzed and that's how we knew when we were free to find a table. I got there and it was a BIG table, HUGE actually.But it was fine. It had steps on it because it was so high. The show, Big Bang Theory, was on -- the brand new episode. It had STAR TREK.

And then our appetizers came. It was breaded crawfish with some sort of sauce and breaded alligator with another type of sauce. The outside tasted crispy and crunchy. It was kind of tasting like a potato. The inside of the crayfish kind of tasted like a shrimp, and it also looked like a shrimp too. The sauce was spicy and it was kind of textury -- the colors were strange but it tasted good. The alligator's outside tasted the same, too. The inside tasted like normal meat. And the sauce was watery and it tasted kind of like salad dressing. It tasted GOOOODDDD.
 Breaded crawfish appetizer
 Breaded gator appetizer

I decided what I ordered because it had a variety of food and also because it sounded very good. I ordered Crayfish Combo. It might sound strange, but it had hush puppies, which are awesome, and breaded crayfish and some rice, lots of rice, and crayfish etouffee. Crayfish etouffee is kind of like a sauce except it's kind of like beans. It looks like beans but tastes like fish. It was kind of spicy and sweet at the same time. It's a flavor I've never had before. It tasted good and strange at the same time. The hush puppies, on the other hand, tasted delicious! The outside tasted like a corndog and the inside tasted like sweetness combined with sweet potatoes and muffins. And the rice, however, tasted great and it had some green onions in it and other stuff. It tasted like fried rice -- textury and sweet and kind of crunchy. And then the breaded crayfish, as I told you from my appetizer. I drank the rest of my drink, which was Diet Coke, as usual.

 Eating a hush puppy
 The end of our meal

We got our check. We got out of the table. I snuck two mints with nobody knowing because I really love mints. We got into the van. We drove home. And by the time we got home it was 8:20 OR SOMETHING!!!!

Restaurant Rating: Thumbs Down for the time we got to our table, but Thumbs Up for the Food!
You should go to Buzzard Billy's. It is brand new, right by Barratta's, Allplay and Forte. You should also try for appetizers the breaded crayfish and alligator. Make sure to get there early or else you will be  cursed by a thousand-minute wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.