Monday, July 30, 2012

Spicy Radish

On Thursday I went to the Italian restaurant, The Radish, in Grimes, Iowa. I was going to my grandma's house but I got hungry so we stopped for supper. We found a table right by the entrance. I have never went to this restaurant before. It looks like it's all made of wood inside. I thought it was a nice look.

Italian restaurants serve salads, seafood and stuff like spaghetti. I wanted a sandwich because I like to get sandwiches at restaurants. So I got the fried tenderloin. I picked it because I like tenderloins. They taste good. They look like a big piece of chicken that's fried, but it's not. It has breading on it and white meat inside. It is pork that's pounded out by a hammer so it's really big. Then they put breading on it and then they fry it. 



I like mustard on my tenderloin. And the sandwich is put in a bun. My sandwich came with cottage cheese on the side. There were also pickles and onions, but I didn't put them on my sandwich. I ate them separate. 


It was one of the best tenderloins I've eaten, but not the best. One of my favorite places to eat tenderloins is at Starbuck's cafe in Nevada


One funny thing at the restaurant was that they served one big radish with my tenderloin. I bit into it and it was really spicy and tasted kind of strange. I think they did that because it's the restaurant's name. 


Oh I almost forgot, we also got an appetizer. It was potato chips that were fried and spicy and they were seasoned with a combination of herbs. Cheddar cheese sauce was served with them and salsa. They taste good. The chips were crispy and the cheese sauce was hot.

I got a Diet Coke to drink with a lemon in it.



Photo 1: the rosemary bread, Photo 2: the spicy radish! Photo 3: the homemade chips

Restaurant rating: Thumbs up
You should eat here if you want Italian food and people don't always come across those kinds of restaurants so you could go there. And it's strange because it's in Iowa and it's an Italian restaurant. Can you believe that? 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.