Thursday, July 26, 2012

From the Archives: Korean Foods Are Interesting

Originally published March 20, 2012

Today I went to The Scallion Korean restaurant in Ames, Iowa, with my dad Shawn. The restaurant was a street restaurant, not very fancy. But when you go inside it is very fancy -- it's clean, it's colorful and small. We both ordered the bi bim bop.
Bi bim bop is a mix of rice, vegetables and meat. Sometimes it has sauce in it. The sauce makes it very good. It was in a very hot bowl -- I couldn't touch it because it was super hot. I touched it once and it burnt my hands. The rice goes in on the bottom, the vegetables go next. There was zucchini, seaweed, carrots, bean sprouts. And then pork. That was the only kind of meat. And then an egg goes on top. It wasn't scrambled, it was like the white on the outside and yellow on the in part. You're supposed to stir it up so you don't have to take big bite. I tried the spicy red sauce. I didn't like it because it kind of tasted bitter and hot, and the flavor I didn't like. The bi bim bop was good. It was so colorful and it was a mix of funky flavors and that's why it was great.

 
 
We also got dumplings. The dumplings came with soy sauce. The dumplings had a wonton wrapper. A wonton wrapper is like a crunchy kind of good food. It was fried to make it crunchy. They put vegetables and meat inside the wonton. They tasted great with the soy sauce on them. Four came in the order. They were big. I ate three and Shawn ate one.


Restaurant rating: Thumbs Up!
You should go to Ames, Iowa, to The Scallion and try the bi bim bop and the dumplings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.