Saturday, July 21, 2012

My 10 Days in Kansas

This week I got back from Overland Park, Kansas. I was there for 10 days at my cousin's house. I had to be in the car for four hours. If you are in a car for four hours you can nap or watch movies on a DVD player or draw and other things that I don't know about.

I want to tell you about some fun things to do in Overland Park.

#1 The Farmstead
The Farmstead is a farm activity place where you can go through a hut that indians make, into a goat place where you can feed goats, and other fun stuff. The day we went it was hot, really hot. And you should go to the gift shop and the ice cream and snack place. I got mango raspberry sorbet. My cousin Theron got chocolate cookie dough. My aunt Heidi got water.

You can also go to the playgrounds, the fishing ponds, play areas, and the big barn slide. My favorite part of the Farmstead was the ice cream and the barn slide.



#2 The City Pool
The city pool (Tomahawk Ridge Aquatic Center) goes from 1 inch at the very, very shallow end and maybe up to as deep as 10 feet. On the slides you can either use an inner tube or just go down without one. I used an inner tube but finally I gave it up because when I first trying going down without one it was funner that way. You can only dive at the diving board end. But you can jump in at the shallow end or the other end if  you know how to swim or if you can touch there.

If you have a little brother or sister, they could either be in the shallow end or go to the little kid pool, which is for little kids. They can go on a little slide or play in the sand area. I'm not sure my brother could touch in the big pool at the end with the slides. But I can touch at that end. It's only 3 feet and 3 inches deep at that end.


#3 Lego Store at Oak Park Mall
You should try out the Lego Store at Oak Park Mall and get super hero sets, or any other kind of Lego sets. I liked this store because it was filled with Legos and I really like Legos. You might like to try the Disney Store at the mall. And girls could go to the American Girl store. My grandma gave me money to spend and I got this cool X-Men Lego set. And I picked out a Lightning McQueen and Finn McMissile set from the Lego store. And my cousin got two dolls from the Disney store.

 My face looks like this because the sun was in my face so I had to like close my eyes. 

The only new things that I really, really thought were awesome were the super hero Lego sets and the Avengers. 

The Sushi House is a place where you can get sushi and bento boxes and other Japanese food. I got a sushi combo #2 -- three pieces of sushi and three California rolls. One sushi piece was an egg on top of some rice, and it was wrapped up in seaweed. Another was eel with some good tasting sauce on it. Well, you know how the eel tastes, right? But the saucy stuff was new -- that sauce that tastes like barbecue, eel teriyaki. And the third piece was crab and the crab just was like, you know, it tasted crabby. It was good. And I got a cherry coke with a cherry inside of it and an umbrella was on it. It was good sushi, but I have had some great sushi too. I have lots of favorite sushi places. 




My mom and aunt signed us up for Seussville -- this college thing. It was four days long. We went for four hours each morning, it was a looonnng time. We learned about Dr. Seuss and we did crafts. It was pretty good. It got a little bit boring because mostly it was crafts and reading books and other activities. On the last day we went to Seussville.com and you could play games there. I liked that site. I think other kids might like it, but I'm not absolutely sure. 

My mom and brother and baby sister came to visit me over the weekend. Me, my cousin, my mom and my baby sister were at the hotel. This hotel may seem like it looks like summer camp, and we got a cheap room but it turned out that we thought it was the best room. It had a whole bunch of things, even a sleeping sofa! Two big screen TVs, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. They had these bagels where you put cream cheese on them and they taste delicious! And they had cereal in their breakfast place and they have this awesome pool with little diving boards and I could go off them into deep water. 


One of my least favorite shows is on in this photo because my brother was watching it and he watches weird shows a lot and he didn't nap that day but I did. I'm holding Violet and I had to watch that show even though it was boring.

And that's pretty much my trip. I had a fun time. I hope to come back this fall and do other things, like for my mom to come, and go to Lego Land, and the Sea Life Aquarium. 

Here are other things you can do in Kansas City:
  • T-Rex Cafe -- lots of model dinosaurs that move, lots of special effects and the best cafe that I have been to, well, almost. Well, one of my favorite cafes! My favorite cafe might be Zombie Burger in Des Moines.
  • World War I Museum -- I liked the big tanks and the new exhibit, "Man and Machine," and the gift shop and all the guns
  • Fireworks factories -- I like the fireworks factory because there are like a million fireworks there. And if my dad is there he would pick out like a million huge fireworks, big ones like dangerous ones. He is the fireworks man. The last time I was there I picked out a dinosaur firework and the dinosaur was on a little car thingee and it rolled around when you lit it. 
  • The train restaurant -- Fritz's Railroad Restaurant -- this is a restaurant where little trains on tracks above you deliver your food, it's a good restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.