Saturday, July 28, 2012

From the Archives: Fishes in the Tank

Originally published February 18, 2012

I went to Fuji Japanese restaurant in Ames, Iowa. I saw a fake whale skeleton and a fountain. We found our table. The table had a cooking stove and tools that helped you cook. The chef did the cooking at our table -- I thought it was pretty cool.

I also liked it because there was a fish tank and they gave me a hat for my head. It was a cooking hat like the chefs wore.

I ordered Hibachi Chicken because they would cook it in front of me. It came with appetizers. My choices for appetizers were salad or soup. I chose the miso soup. I like it because it has tofu in it and onions. We got sushi for our appetizer also -- there was a lot of different kinds of rolls. I liked the sushi.


Then the chef came. He put sauce in our bowls. Then he asked me if I wanted to see a big fire flame. And I said yes! So he put some cooking oil on and then he lighted it and it made a gigantic flame! Bo thought it was cool, too, because, you know, he likes fire.

Then he made some eggs. He flipped an egg into my mouth, but it didn't go in that time. So he tried again. And he flipped it and it landed right in my mouth and I ate it. Everybody at the table got an egg flipped into their mouth, except Bo. He didn't want to do it because he doesn't like eggs.

Then he made the rice. He mixed it up with the eggs and he put it on our plates. Then he made the stove hot and he threw on the vegetables. He used onions to make an onion volcano. He cut the onion into onion rings and he stacked them on top of each other. It looked like a volcano. Then he put some cooking oil inside and he made it light and it made a big flame. And then he cut them up and it made an onion island. And then he put them on our plates. Then he made our chicken and shrimp and steak and scallops. Then he put that on our plates and we ate it.
 

I thought the food tasted good -- it tasted spicy when I put the sauce on. The chicken was good. The whole plate was also colorful because of the rice and the vegetables. And that's all.


Restaurant Rating: Thumbs Up!
You should go to the Fuji restaurant in Ames, Iowa. You should go there because they cook the food right in front of you and you'll see an onion volcano!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.