Sunday, July 29, 2012

From the Archives: Good Times

Originally published February 25, 2012

Today we went to Quinton's Deli and Bar in the East Village in downtown Des Moines, Iowa. The Iowa Capitol is near the East Village. I wanted to eat at a sushi place but it was closed. We originally wanted to eat at The Latin King, but it was also closed. So we chose Quinton's Deli and Bar.

Grandma Katy, me, Bo, Keesia and Shawn were there. The first thing we ate was chips and salsa. I wasn't a really big fan of them but I was still really hungry so I ate a lot. I didn't like it because the salsa  wasn't good enough for me and I didn't like the chips because they were just normal chips. I originally wanted hotwings for lunch but then I saw this gigantic sandwich and I said, "Oh yeah, I want this." So Grandma Katy offered to buy hotwings for another appetizer instead. The hotwings were very spicy. The breading was very delicious. And I liked the meat inside.

My sandwich was big!! And it was so big that it had to have toothpicks to hold it together! It was a club sandwich, they have lots of kinds of stuff in them. I can't remember everything in mine because there was so much stuff -- like lettuce, tomatoes, meat, bacon, mayo. The sandwich tasted great! I ate only one-half. It came with chips, and I ordered the spicy chips. I also ate some french fries. And then everybody was getting full so we left eventually. Oh, my drink was Diet Coke. Again.


 


The restaurant food took so long that I was about to say to give it a thumb's down! But then I tasted the food and I was like, "This has gotta be a thumb's up!" I was so hungry that day I ate hotwings, tortilla chips, spicy chips and half of my sandwich. I ate the rest the next day. And that's all.

Restaurant Rating: Thumbs Up
You should go to Quinton's in the East Village, Des Moines, Iowa, and beware, the food takes so long you might want to leave. I gave it a thumb's up because of how the food tasted. And that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.