Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Burger 'Apopcalypse'



Zombie Burger is a restaurant. It is nothing like Smash Burger, even though Smash Burger is a local place. So is Zombie Burger. Zombie Burger is maybe my favorite restaurant. It's probably my dad's favorite restaurant. It's located in Des Moines on Grand Avenue in the East Village.


Zombie Burger looks like zombies infested it a million times! There is zombie stuff everywhere and there is even a picture with barricades over the walls with zombies.

The first time I went to Zombie Burger I got a burger called Planet Terror and I got fried pickles for the appetizer. Plant Terror is a burger that has barbecue sauce, bacon, cheddar cheese, caramelized onions and ranch. It tasted good. I liked it because it had ranch and bacon, and a lot of other things I liked. But I didn't eat it all. It sounded the best.

They name the burgers zombie-friendly names. That's cool. It's cool because it's a zombie restaurant and no other burgers are named liked that. Plus, they also have outer space names, like Project Nemesis or something like that.

I've been there three times, I think, and gotten take-out two times. I try a new burger every time. The other time I've got the Zombie Burger, the same name as the restaurant. It has American cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and zombie sauce. And I got the fried pickles for appetizers. Fried pickles are big pickles they cut lengthwise and dip in breading and fry. They taste awesome!


Fried pickles 
Recently, we went to Zombie Burger and I got the best burger I've had so far. It was called the Fulci. You say that: ful-chee. I don't know what Fulci means. "Dad, what does Fulci mean?" My dad says Fulci is the last name of an Italian zombie movie director. Strange, isn't it?

The Fulci tastes awesome!! It was the best one I've had because it has a mix of flavors and tastes so good. It has prosciutto, which is like Italian bacon; brie -- it's a strange cheese that tastes good if it's melted, I think that's a good flavor. It has caramelized raw onions, which I think I remember tasting and it was pretty good. And it had truffle mayo. That's just mayo with truffles, and it tastes good. I asked my mom and truffles are mushrooms that are in the ground and they use pigs to sniff them out and you have to pay $100 to get them because they're rare. And some people make it into mayo!

We always get the fry basket. Their fries are fresh, and fresher is better. Not like some McDonald's fries. They serve a hot sauce with their fries and it tastes good. Last time we also got fried cheese curds and fried brussels sprouts with some strange-tasting mayo. Well, it tasted fine. And some hot sauce that was awesome! Between the fries, fried brussels sprouts, the crispy fried pickles and fried cheese curds, my favorite is probably the fried brussels sprouts because they taste SO good in each of the sauces!


French fries basket

Fried Brussels Sprouts


Fried Cheese Curds

I like the zombie art in the restaurant. It's cool. In the front of the restaurant they have a whole bunch of zombie pictures from different movies. One is "Toy Gory" which is supposed to be like the movie "Toy Story." There's another one called, "Bleak to the Future" and it's from "Back to the Future" movie. Anyways, my favorite one is Toy Gory because all the toy characters are there but they're all super bloody and gross looking!


Final Thoughts: This restaurant is awesome! You should go there anytime you have a chance, and try anything you want! I'll suggest one thing to try: the fried brussels sprouts. Next time I'll probably try The Boomstick -- it sounds good because my dad had it and it was like fried chili on it! And that tasted good. Make sure to go to Zombie Burger and read my next review. And leave message soon. Beep. Beep. Beep.




Photos from previous Zombie Burger adventures:

  First visit to Zombie Burger, January 2012

 The Boomstick burger

Dead Moines burger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.