Monday, August 20, 2012

From the Archives: Indian Foods Are Interesting


Originally published February 15, 2012

Today for lunch I went to India Palace restaurant in Ames, Iowa. When we first opened the door, something odd stood before us. It had stairs that leaded down, underground, and that's where the cafe was. (Can I tell them a tip?) Let's say if a police officer was wanting to go to a restaurant and he picked India Palace, he would have to look for the door. He wouldn't be able to walk through the glass. If he walked through the glass he would get cut up a lot and he would also fall down the stairs. Ow! Painful, I know.

So, we went to our table. It was me, my dad Shawn, my grandpa Dwayne, my grandma Belinda and my uncle Brian. I ordered Diet Coke. It's strange that I order it at every restaurant. But I really like it. Well, I got a plate at the cafe and I picked out my stuff for my meal. It was a buffet. First, I got white rice and then I picked seven dishes for my meal.


I picked Navrttan Korma, that means peas and carrots. I thought it was kind of good. It had potatoes. I don't think potatoes are good. Except for these ones because they had sauce on them. Next I ate Alu Gobhi, that means cauliflower. The sauce on the cauliflower was good because it was hot sauce. Then I ate Alu Chatt, that's like salsa with garbanzo beans. It was OK. Next was Mint Chutney -- it looked green, gooey and slimy. But when I tasted it, it tasted good -- sour, peppery and a tiny bit of spice was in it.


Next I ate the Papudum. That's a chip -- it didn't taste good to me. It was salty. The reason I didn't like it was because it tastes like an almond. I don't like almonds. Next I ate the rice -- it was delicious! I've had it before and it is awesome. It was white rice. Next I ate the Pakora -- it's spinach chips fried. I loved them! They were crunchy, a little sweet with a vegetable taste. Next I ate the Zucchini. It was spicy and I also didn't like it. But it's still good that I tried it. Next I ate the Naan -- the Naan is a bread that looked like a quesadilla. Except there was no cheese inside of it, instead there was bread inside of it. It tasted great! It was a dull white.


Next I ate one bite of my dessert because I was almost full. It was rice pudding. It tasted sweet. It was slimy. It tasted creamy with noodles in it. It was good. Then I stood up and put my coat on and Shawn asked me if I was ready to go and I said yes. So we went. And that's all.



Restaurant Rating: Thumbs Up!
You should go to the India Palace restaurant sometime because you can make your own meal. It is in Ames, Iowa. I hope you had fun reading it. See you soon on my next restaurant adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Really!!! I am very impressed after reading this blog. thanks for providing the information. Restaurant in delhi

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.