Tuesday, August 28, 2012

From the Archives: This Could Be Interesting ...

(This is the one that started it all! The first review!)
Originally published February 13, 2012

Today we went to El Rodeo. It's a Mexican restaurant. I picked to go there because I love Mexican food. Me, my mom and my younger brother went. When we first got in, we waited at the counter. All of us except for my younger brother Bo. He ran away. Then the waitress took us to our table.

We relaxed there. Then our appetizers came. It was chips and salsa, like all Mexican restaurants have. I usually get cheese dip but today I didn't because my mom said I couldn't. We ate the chips and salsa -- the chips were corn chips. They were fine. And the salsa tasted like a jalapeno because salsa always has tomato sauce and they put in cilantro and onions and that's what makes it really spicy. I loved the salsa.


Then our drinks came. I got a Diet Coke, that's what I usually get at restaurants. I always get that because it sounds like the best pop in the world to me. It is always fun to get pop at a restaurant.

 Me (above)
Then we ordered our food. I ordered a cheese enchilada with Mexican rice and a burrito. And my brother ordered two tacos. And my mom ordered fajitas. The correct way to spell fajitas is f-a-j-i-t-a-s. You pronounce it like this "fah-he-tah." I know it's strange that the way they spell it has a "j" in it. Just like how you spell "night". Night sounds like "n-i-t" but that really spells "nit". But the correct way to spell it is n-i-g-h-t.

 Bo, my younger brother (above)

Now I will tell you about how it tasted. When I first tried the rice, I definitely knew that I had had it before. Because I mostly order rice at Mexican restaurants. So that wasn't new. But I still liked it. It tasted hot when I first ate it because it just came out of the stove or oven. And it tasted like normal rice, except they added vegetables and more taste to it. Next, I ate my cheese enchilada. It was very good because I tasted melted cheese inside it. The sauce on it also tasted like a jalapeno. Next I ate my burrito. It was very big. And I only ate half of it. It had meat and beans in it. It tasted like beef mixed up  with beans inside.

 Cheese enchilada (above on the left corner), burrito (above in the center) and Mexican rice (above on the right corner)
And I didn't eat all of it, but I was still hungry so I asked my mom if I could have a fajita. And it had onions, green peppers, tomatoes, beans, and chicken and steak inside. Those flavors were much more tasty than the flavors that were in my main meal. Because those foods were just white and brown. And the foods in the fajita were much more colorful and that's why I liked it so much.

By the time I got done with that, my brother Bo had only ate the meat out of his taco. And he didn't eat the shell. Or the lettuce. And we decided that we'd only give him one taco from now on at restaurants. And that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.