Thursday, August 9, 2012

Iowa State Fair, Part 1

Today I went to the Iowa State Fair. Today was the first day of the fair. I went with my grandma, my cousin, my brother and my mom.

We took a ride on a golf cart. And we stopped at a place with a giant, chocolate moose! I think it was weird and yummy.


In that building they have food that people make and are trying to win a competition. Then two people that my mom knew were selling their cookbook. I don't remember the name. (Typist's note: the cookbook is Two Chicks from the Sticks and it is awesome with tons of great baking recipes!) They gave me $5 to get something sweet and eat it and review it on their blog. This will be the first time I've done a blog for someone else. I'll let you know when it's on their site.


Then I went and got on a vehicle and drove it around. It was a police car. It was a fake one. And I drove good. But Bo crashed into things a whole bunch! Do you think he's a bad driver? I think he's a terrible driver!

Then we went to find some food. We found hotwings. So I ate some. They tasted hot. There wasn't sauce on them. They weren't like with the sauce, that kind. I got them from a Chinese food restaurant. They tasted spicy and that was their main flavor. Maybe go to a different place for hotwings.


 Hotwings

Then my mom got cheese balls and vegetable French bread pizza. The cheese balls tasted like normal cheese balls from Starbucks but maybe a little better. The vegetable pizza taste good too, like normal pizza except with all vegetables. Instead of a crust it was French bread.

Cheese balls and pizza sauce

Then I got some chili cheese fries because I wanted some french fries. And I didn't think the fair had it, but they did. So I went to see how they were made. The biggest buckets were giant! Even the little ones were pretty big. At first they were really hot but then they were not that hot. They were really good against other cheese fries. Some don't have nacho cheese, but these did and it had chili with beans. I don't think other chili cheese fries have a lot of beans like these did. They were the best beans. I think you should go get some, but they're only at the state fair. They were kind of by the Drake Administration Building, my mom says. Just east of the Varied Industries Building.

 Small bucket of chili cheese fries

In this next picture I'm waving my fan at my face because I was hot and I was resting against a tree because that's kind of fun, for me. We were going to the Big Slide.


 The Big Slide is awesome! And you should go on it because when I went on it, I put my hands up and I was jumping on it! Like when I was going down the hills I bounced off of my mat a little bit. You are supposed to climb like a million steps to get up the slide, and you have to pay a ticket for each child going on it. Like if you have two children, you have to get two tickets. You should go on it because it's awesome.

 Giant Slide!

After the slide we went to an ice cream place. I got an ice cream swirl cone. And it was really, really good. A swirl is where you have chocolate ice cream and vanilla ice cream and swirl it up in the same cone.


Twist cone

This is the end of part 1. To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.