Friday, August 24, 2012

From the Archives: What the Heck Is That?


Originally published February 16, 2012

Today for lunch we went to the TNT Vietnamese Restaurant in Des Moines, Iowa. We were just out exploring to find a new restaurant to go to. I thought the name was interesting. I thought it would be super small inside, but it actually turned out pretty big.

It had a TV on and it had people on the news that did not like Barack Obama. My mom said they are republicans and they just try to fascinate people and freak you out. It was station Fox News.

We picked our table out. I set my hat on the chair beside me. We got our menu. It was bizarre because one of the meals had organs and heart and tongue and stomach in it! I did not pick that. There were two pages of drinks on the menu. I ordered Fresh Iced Lemonade. Keesia ordered Fresh Lime Tea. I didn't get my regular drink today because I wanted to get an adventurous drink instead of a rot-your-teeth drink.

Our drinks came. I tasted mine. It was the best lemonade I have ever tasted because it had a whole bunch of sugar in it! Keesia thought her drink was awesome too.


For appetizers, I picked Vietnamese egg rolls -- sauce, vegetables and meat were in the eggrolls. I've had them before so I remember the taste. It wasn't anything new. The sauce was good -- it was sweet, spicy and it had raw carrots in it. It was also sticky.


For lunch I ordered combination fried rice. And Keesia ordered something that had something else. Mine tasted like normal fried rice except it had a lot of seafood in it. It had scallops, squid, crab and shrimp. It also had pork, beef and chicken. It also had peas and carrots. It tasted like white rice except it was fried, which added more taste to it. It was a very colorful plate. The crab meat had pink stripes on it. I thought that was interesting.

Keesia's plate was also colorful. I advertised to try out the soup. When I tried it, I wasn't that big of a fan of it so I gave it back to Keesia. I didn't like it because I felt like it had vinegar and salt in it. And it wasn't a colorful dish. It was green and brown, not very colorful. I also tried Keesia's egg pie. I loved it! It had lots of egg in it. I liked it because it was different colors and the flavors were good. 


I was not able to eat all of mine because there was too much. We asked the waitress if we could have a box to put the rice in. And that's all.


Restaurant Rating: Thumbs Up
You should go to the TNT Vietnamese restaurant in Des Moines, Iowa. It has some very bizarre foods, like one dish has organs and heart and stomach and tongue in it! I thought the food was great, especially the drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.