Friday, August 10, 2012

Iowa State Fair, Part 2

I am continuing my Iowa State Fair review from yesterday. Today you're going to see lots of fun things you can do at the fair and lots of good foods.

 This is after I ate the ice cream. We went to a big place with all these tractors and stuff. Here's me in the wheel relaxing like a cool dude. 

 This is me by a storm chaser truck. It looks like an old fashioned car but it's kind of a new car. It's for chasing tornadoes and stuff. But not floods. It would get flipped over by the water and then the people inside would have drowned because it's so heavy and they would have put the keys somewhere and the doors would be locked so they couldn't get out in time. That would be scary. I got this book from the library it was called "Worse Case Scenarios" and one was if you get caught in a tornado outside on your bike and it's about to form, then get in a ditch or someplace. But if it's raining, then there could be a danger of flash floods, which are floods that come with very little warning and do very big destruction. Then you have to make yourself as little of a target as you can be if you are in that situation. 

 Here's me in the quilt room looking at a cool quilt that has Santa Claus on it. My brother was being a dummy so he ran headfirst and hit his mouth on the bars because he's a little dummy. He's clumsy. 

 This is a picture of five brothers that all died on the same ship when it got sunk. 

 Here's me in the Pella Plaza with my cousin Kael. You get to go in a place with a lot of rocks and there's water spraying up everywhere. And it's really fun. But all these stupid kids were sitting on the main sprayer which was making it shut off all the time. 

Then we got dried off and went to a park. This is me on the giant climbing thing. And on one part when I was climbing I was like hanging from my hands and I didn't want to fall. And it was like worse case scenario, I didn't want to fall in the lava!

 That's not me! (Mother's note: yes it is!) No it's not! 

 This is me playing an awesome game in the science place at the Ag Building. I should maybe go there more often. I hope they have what they have there right now again next year. The science place was about nature and stuff. My favorite game was where you had corn, wheat, strawberries, a cow and some chickens. And you had to match up what kind of food they make. And it's pretty fun.

 This is me and my cousin trying to eat a stone ice cream cone. But I didn't bite it because all my teeth would fall out. There was lots of ice cream cones that we saw. They did not all look the same.

 This is me getting some fresh french fries. And they taste better than McDonald's french fries because they're fresh. Don't you think fresh things are better?

 This is by the Giant Slide. I am eating a watermelon cup from Beattie's. I like them because they have watermelon in them. It's a nice thing to get because it's a fruit and it's good. It's not made with salt in it, like other crazy french fry people do.

 This is the food that I picked for the guest blog. You'll have to guess what it is! We'll let you know when you can read about it on the Two Chicks from the Sticks site.


 I am eating a delicious kebab with chicken, potatoes (which I did not eat), peppers and onions. I ate everything but the potato. I gave one pepper to my mom and one onion to my grandma. I gave my potato to my cousin and he traded it for a pepper. 

 I was over by the toy place and I saw all these cool toy things. But I was most interested in the guns and stuff, because you know what kind of boy I am. We were over there because we were about to leave and my grandma was letting us pick out one thing. Which is very, very nice. She even got a whole pack of stuff for Bo because he wanted it. It was $12, which was the limit. But it could be $15, too, because that's how much my thing cost. I got a gun that makes sounds and it has a targeting light and it has these realistic sounds. And I couldn't figure out how to work it, and when we got to my house, the minute I stepped out of the car, I cocked it and the cocking thing snapped. And I said, "uh oh." And then I tried to fix it and I did fix it and I said, "well that was easy."
 Then we went to a Pella place and got bologna on a stick. And it was really delicious and we really liked to eat it but then my mom dropped it on the ground and we couldn't eat it anymore. 

 So then we went over to a corn dog place and I was like, "OK, I'll get a corn dog. But I'm not sure if I will eat it all." But I ordered one because I was hungry and it was the only one I ordered during the day. Kael is more of a corn dog fan than me. I got it and I took a bite and it was too hot. A while later I took another bite with the bread and the hotdog inside and it tasted better and it wasn't that hot because it had the bread on it too.

Soon I got it finished because I really liked it. This was my last bite. 

Final thoughts: Please check out the state fair but don't go to the world's smallest horse thing because that's probably just a prank. And don't fall and cut open your knee, like I did, at the very beginning. It was like my first step at the fair. And then at the very end of the day my cousin fell and did the same. Just don't get hurt. OK, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.