Sunday, August 26, 2012

From the Archives: Culminating Event Lunch

Originally published March 8, 2012

Today I had my culminating event at school. I did great. A culminating event is where I share a project from the subject I was learning about with parents, grandparents and other people who come to see us. And it was about restaurants. My project was how the CNC makes chili. (CNC) is short for Central Nutrition Center. That's the place that makes all the food for my school.

After that my mom and dad and me went out to a restaurant. We went to Abelardo's Mexican food restaurant. It looked small and interesting. When I walked in, we went up to the place where they serve you their food. I picked two burritos and Mexican fried rice. And for a drink I picked some Mexican pop, Tamarindo. A tamarind is a fruit. Then I picked out a table and took the pop there. The pop tasted interesting. It tasted like dried fruit and melon. But I really didn't like it and that was OK. I ended up giving it to Keesia and she traded her lemonade with me.
 Tamarindo Mexican drink

We waited for 10 minutes or so and then we saw our food. We went over to the table where they serve the food and got it.

And then we went to the salsa bar. I picked out two kinds of salsa. Shawn got avocado salsa. It looked like gooey sauce but it was really good.

At first I ate my fried rice. It tasted really good because you know how much I like fried rice because on my first restaurant review I also got fried rice. Next I ate my humongous burrito! It was almost as big as my plate. There were two of them! I ate one of them. It tasted cheesy, meaty and salsa-y and crispy because of the tortilla. The tortillas were big! Keesia's was bigger than her plate, literally. The tortillas tasted good also.

Then it was getting pretty late and I had to get back to school fast. And I got back there just in time! The end.

Restaurant rating:  Thumbs Up!
You should go to the restaurant called Abelardo's. It is near Central Campus in Des Moines, Iowa. You should try their burrito, fried rice and beans. It is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.