Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Small Restaurant, Good Food



Today we got food from Chinese Home Cooking in Ames, Iowa. Inside it looked really small and they had lots of pops up by the desk where you get your food. It was small and quite a few tables and it was pretty nice-looking inside.

I got shrimp fried rice, spicy crab rangoons, spicy chicken, and hot and sour soup. First I tried the chicken with jalapeno. It is an appetizer.

The first time I tried one with a jalapeno and I burnt my tongue and it was hot in my throat a lot. It was kind of hot, not super hot like habaneros. When it was first hot I drank some water and I drank some milk.

Then I tried salt on my tongue but all that did was make it spicier but when I started eating my fried rice it went away immediately.

The shrimp fried rice is a really, really good meal. The rice is hot (not spicy, like “sun” hot) and it tastes good because it’s hot. And it’s really kind of crispy a little bit, and it tastes really good with the eggs and shrimp on it. The eggs are like scrambled eggs and they’re also hot and they taste really good, too. It tastes kind of better than scrambled eggs, like fried scrambled eggs. And the shrimp is hot, too, and it tastes really good with the rice since it’s all hot, and fried rice is good hot. It was my favorite entrĂ©e.

Then I tried some hot and sour soup. It tasted hot and sour, but it was more “sour and sweet” than “hot and sour,” so I think they got the name a little bit wrong. And I think spicy and sour isn’t a good mixture, anyway, but sweet and sour is a pretty good mixture to me. I would like that more.


You can see my pop in the picture and I told my dad that I wanted pop from the restaurant but he said that I had to get it from his work.

Then I tried the spicy crab rangoon and since I was so busy eating the rice I took one bite. It wasn’t that spicy, but I think it had tiny bits of jalapeno in it and that made it taste really good. The outside tastes crispy and that’s how all crab rangoons’ outsides taste like.
  
The food was really, really good and I might have it another day.

Restaurant Rating: Thumbs Up
Warning! - Please do not eat 3 jalapenos at a time like my dad does and I even thought his tongue got burnt! You might turn white and I don’t know what would happen, it might be messy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your opinions on wether I should type it or not or restaurant recommendations or comments of your own.